20 January 2013

A Week In L.A.

A Week in L.A.  (c) 2013 Laramie Crocker 


Sunset on Berkeley
A Week in this town
is better than sayin 
I'm leaving in May


I'd stayed a year
and another year
I left my other girl
when my brother left his
and her sister said
as she stood in our kitchen
does this idiocy run in the family
in pairs
or is it contagion?


and I took a two-week vacation
once
a week on a cruise to paradise
and back
and a week in LA
a week in LA
that's what was left
seemed better than sayin
I'm stayin til May


and I'm calm under fire
capable of murder
I've taken my own life
but still, here I am
but still, here I am

and I've sold chocolate bars
delivered papers
I've been a carpenter
and I've been a trainer
and now I'm a singer
and I wanna live
and sing every day 
and live my whole life
like a week in LA





No comments: