13 November 2009

Happier Days

Working on a new album already, before Crazy is even printed. I've got a songlist, and the songs, and about half are recorded and in some phase of editing. So here's what I've got now:

Artist: Laramie Crocker
Website: LaramieCrocker.com
Album: Happier Days

1. Leaving the Green Mountains
2. Goodbye Days
3. Friends & Old Lovers
4. Candy (also, Candy - live)
5. The La-La Song
6. On Killy Yorn
8. Pure Imagination

Each of my albums is a concept album, although sometimes I don't know the concept fully until I am done. The songs are stories, all. Here are the lyrics, which are best read while listening to the songs:

Leaving the Green Mountains (words from Robert Louis Stevenson's Farewell to the Farm)

 
The coach is at the door at last
The eager children, mounting fast
And kissing hands, in chorus sing:
Good-bye, good-bye, to everything!

To house and garden, field and lawn
The meadow-gates we swang upon
To pump and stable, tree and swing
Good-bye, good-bye, to everything!

And fare you well for evermore
O ladder at the hayloft door
O hayloft where the cobwebs cling
Good-bye, good-bye, to everything!

Crack goes the whip, and off we go
The trees and houses smaller grow
Last, round the woody turn we swing
Good-bye, good-bye, to everything!

Candy

   She was just a bored old whore named Candy
She was just a bored old whore named Candy
She was just a bored old whore from a border town
down in disorder
south of the border
south of Toledo
Ohio
Texaco
Mexico
I don't know
she's just a ho
named Candy
She's just a whore named Candy
She was just a bored old whore named Candy

Friends & Old Lovers

   Why can't we be
friends and old lovers
coffee and tea
with friends and old lovers
like tee shirts and sneakers
like coffee and bananas for breakfast
like bars and subways
like cars and radios
and dirt roads
like doorframes and pictures
and letters
as time goes by
why can't we be
friends and old lovers
my old friend

On Killy Yorn

Lyrics are here.

The La-La Song

   I Dont want to see you again
It's been a long time and I'm almost healthy
my therapist says I should see you and breakthrough
she says it's an important life lesson
but I know its because
all the pain it'll cause
will cost me ten more sessions

La la la la la

10 million people and you and me
this town isn't big enough for the both of us
so I propose a healthy suggestion
to avoid chance meetings in subway congestion
you take the green line I'll take the 2-3
I'll let you have the A, C and E
and the N-R and even F
and when in doubt
I'll take the local
so you can take
the express

La la la la la

so please don't call
please don't drop by
well maybe an email
just to say "hi"
and let me know when's
the best time
that I
that I
can see you again

La la la la la

No comments: